top of page
  • Writer's pictureLONDON SKIES

29-year-old outdoorsman dies from brain eating amoeba

A 29-year-old surfer died in Waco, Texas after contracting Naegleria fowlery, a rare but deadly “brain-eating” amoeba at BSR Cable Park’s Surf Resort.

Frabrizio Stabile was described in his obituary as an "avid outdoorsman who loved fishing, surfing and snowboarding."

According to sources at CBS, public health official Kelly Craine said “The CDC collected water samples and are currently investigating to find the source. We hope to have results by the end of the week.” Meanwhile the resort has been closed for further investigation by the CDC.

According to the CDC, Naegleria fowlery can be contracted by swimming or diving into warm freshwater, and then entering through a person’s nose.

bottom of page